Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Grace in Love at the Book Chat


On Monday December 10th my novel, Grace in Love (Ottawa, Baico, 2918) was the book under discussion by the book chat group at the Emerald Plaza Branch of the Ottawa Public Library.  It's an honour to have one's book chosen, and I was happy to see that everyone present was interested in this novel about Grace Woodsworth MacInnis. The participants asked insightful questions and made perceptive comments. With fourteen present, the library may soon have to find us a bigger room to meet in.  The whole experience was a great Christmas present.

One of the participants emailed me the following:

Hi Ruth,
What a delightful session this afternoon! I really appreciated how you conducted the meeting. I enjoyed learning the background of your interest in Grace and seeing actual pictures of her and others in the family.  The novel was a fun way to learn history of Europe and Canada in the late 20s / early 30s. The book and your presentation certainly stimulated lots of interesting discussion.

 I look forward to your next novel!
Virginia 

No comments:

Post a Comment