Saturday, October 27, 2012

In Places Between

Yesterday in the mail I received a copy of In Places Between, 2012, a Calgary publication containing the winners/runners-up, etc. of the Robyn Harrington Memorial Short Story contest. run by the Imaginative Fiction Writers' Association.  I was excited to see my story, "Creature Comfort", in the collection, and to receive thel cheque enclosed. In Places Between is published by IPB Short Story Contest, P.O. Box 31014, Bridgeland P.O., Calgary, AB T2E 0C0

The winners of the Ottawa Book Awards were announced October 24. Like many other Ottawa book authors, I entered but didn't win.  The short list this year was made up, for the most part, of established writers publishing with established traditional publishers. Is it worth entering next year? I'm mulling over that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment