Friday, May 6, 2011

Winter Moon won

The Ontario Library Service North presents annual awards awards to recognize the outstanding contribution that Northern Ontario authors make to Northern culture, and this year I was one of the lucky recipients. My collection of short stories, Winter Moon (Ottawa, Baico, 2011) was chosen as the winner of the "Northern Lit Award - English fiction."

I lived for twenty-three years in Northern Ontario, so a number of the short stories in Winter Moon have a northern setting. I enjoyed revisiting Sudbury, where, long ago, as a young teacher, I took summer courses at Laurentian University. Everyone was warm and welcoming, and paid me wonderful compliments about Winter Moon.

Thank you, OLSN, especially the eight librarians who read Winter Moon and thought it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment